Sunday, September 7, 2014

I still have my crayons and you should too.


I remember when I was the cool kid because I had the oh-so covetable 64 pack of crayons with the sharpener apart of the box. That's right, it was apart of the box. No more sifting through your pencil box to find your boring hand-held sharpener.

Now I find myself feeling like I have no friends because I didn't get asked to go to that one guys party on Saturday night.

But that's not even the case.

The truth is that there are still people that dig you for your personality and your crayons.
They know that just because they've moved on to colored pencils doesn't mean you can't color with wax.
There are still people who want to hang out with you at recess and trade pokemon cards with you after school.
The best part is that these people don't even care if you bring a lunchbox or roller backpack to school.
In fact, they think it's cool.
These people don't make fun of you because of that weird question you asked in class, they just appreciate your courage to even ask a question in the first place.

My crayons may not be the same colors as they were when I strolled into my first day of kindergarden but that doesn't mean that they can't still create a work of art.

5 comments :