Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cringingly Nostalgic


I am not even a month into my senior year and I am afraid that I won't live it to the fullest. I am also afraid that when my kids ask me to tell them stories of high school that I wont have any tell-all tales for them.

It seems these days that if you don't get asked to the dance then youre a nobody, and if you don't get asked to the dance then you don't have a picture to put on instagram about how your date was "unreal" or how you two "killed it."

These are the times that I have to time and time again remind myself that every second of the day all of us are making memories.

Whether these moments are bitter as that coffee you feel you have to pretend to like to save your reputation or are as sweet as that king-sized candy bar that wealthy family gives out to everyone on Halloween, you have to make the most out of every situation.

Yeah, Homecoming would have been nice and I wish I could've seen you there too, but I had just as much fun simply watching a movie with my cousins. Also please stop pretending that you knew I didn't go before I told you.

I guess what I'm saying is whatever it takes, make these days the days that you'll look back at and call "the good old days."




No comments :

Post a Comment