Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Road Less Traveled


This isn't my newspaper blackout.
But I liked it better.
Essentially these things are created by thievery so why not make it two-tiered?

I took the road less traveled recently.
And when I say that I don't mean it in a figurative, metaphorical sense.
I mean that I was trying to find a campsite up AF canyon that once was a setting of many awkward kissing stories and where I sneaked-out for the first time to go camping with BOYS but I took a wrong turn.


For some reason I wanted to be reminded of those times that really everything was just as good and just as sucky as everything is now.
But I still call them "the good old days."

Everything is chang-ing
            and rearrang-ing
            and disappat-ing
which makes me feel like sobb                      
   ... Ignoring my responsibilities 
because then I won't have to worry about college
or a job
or my future.

I wanted everything to stay the same. 
And I wanted to find that campground
But I discovered that although I had no idea I was going to end up where I did,
It had a better view.


2 comments :

  1. This. Yeah! I totally relate to this and love your thoughts you compiled. Although things may not turn out the way were expecting, possibly maybe hopefully they'll turn out better? Like that lots. P.S. Same with ignoring the responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing your own thing.

    This worked. Start with someone else's Blackout and see where you end up.

    ReplyDelete