Sunday, October 5, 2014

You've All Been Misinformed



"You need to have a passion for roller-skating to be cool."

"You don't have long, bushy, almost dreaded hair; there's no way you're hip."

"Do you even own a Subaru?"

"You love art? Pretentious. I mean, I'm allowed to like it though."

"I didn't see you at the Velour on Saturday...."

"Banksy is my favorite artist, have you ever seen his stuff before?
I bet not. He's pretty underground."

I'm sorry I don't skate habitually, I don't want to fall.
I'm sorry my hair doesn't reach my waist, I chopped it off when short hair was "in."
I'm sorry I don't own a subaru, I take what I can get.
I'm sorry you don't agree with my methods of self-expression.
I'm sorry I don't need to love all underground music to be cool.

To all you people who are offended by another person with the same taste in music,
the same taste in fashion, 
the same taste in hobbies, 
the same taste in "films."



There's only so many things in the world to like. 

You've all been decieved. You can't copy someone else to be different. 



4 comments :

  1. "You love art? Pretentious. I mean, I'm allowed to like it though."

    ^^lol life

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To all you people who are offended by another person with the same taste in music.............There's only so many things in the world to like."

    If I agree with this I must have failed at being hipster. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hipster post. #bansky

    Oh, and I love the Portlandia reference in your most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't copy someone else to be different.

    $tolen

    I think your writing is beautifully honest. And this post made my day :)

    ReplyDelete