Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'll See You Around the Bend

I'll see you around the bend.
Not of the river, but of one of the many twists and turns of our incessantly confusing dynamic.
Until then I'll be swimming in a sea of opiates and tears that really should be shed over pretty much anything else.

This is about love,
But it is not a love story.
This is dedicated to the times when you would say you miss me,
But those words were just a placebo to distract me from you drifting further away.

I've always seen you as the sweetest thing but now that I look at you more closely I realize...
You're a full-on Monet.
 
You put on this appearance of independence and originality while, in all reality, you're whole demeanor has been soured by your repeated realizations that no matter how hard you try to be different you will always be who I know you to be.
 
And that kills you inside.
 
You read our messages (more like pleas) begging you to come back,
Yet you still tell yourself we don't want you anywhere near us.
 
We reminisce over you and you over us and all of us over the memories we could have made if you weren't so distorted.
 
 
 




2 comments :

  1. "now that I look at you more closely I realize...
    You're a full-on Monet."
    love it. we all know atleast 1 or 2 Monets

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the many twists and turns of our incessantly confusing dynamic."
    okay so your vocabulary is amazing. and the worlds flow on this page ever so beautifully.
    Also I love how you change your blog all the time.
    its exciting.
    thrilling.
    jordana bevan, you are thrilling.

    ReplyDelete